Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poop Plants, 071711

Plants grow out of the poop regularly. And, no, they aren't "weeds" like Chuck might let you think.

This is the batch of poop that I sifted Cang's little quantity out of. See that strainer? It was pilfered from my kitchen. Note the seedlings in the poop.


Normally, I pull the plants and continue in sorting the poop. Due to Cang's recent bottle plant excitement, I decided to transplant these two. Judging by the leaves, I think they are squash plants.


I went to Home Depot and bought these two pots and platter-reservoir-water-catcher-thingies. Oh yeah, and a bag of potting soil. I planned on going large with my planting and growing.


And look! Those two plants in their individual pots! Aren't they just adorably dreamy? I loved them immediately as they made me feel so green-thumbish.


Originally, the plan was to do one plant in primarily poop, the other in primarily potting soil. I forget now which is which -- I suck. The experiment was sort of botched from the get-go anyhow. I'd accidentally messed up the roots of one plant during transplant and was much more conscious of how extensive the root-lings were on the second plant. Again, I don't know which was which. I need a lab notebook at home.

The rest of the poop? That was delivered to Luis. Now that I think of it, he needs to return my poop container, the butthead.  

No comments: