Thursday, July 7, 2011

Poop Return: It's Stinky

This little batch of poop was returned to me because of a claim that it was stinky.


At first, I was all, "Stinky? No way, dude, you're hallucinating! Bring it back to me and I'll investigate this so-called stinky poop."

When I opened the lid, I almost gagged. It was fairly odorous. And the color was a little off too. It was weird.


Looking at the lid, I saw poop on it, a little bit of condensation and a couple mites. Living mites.


So I let that stinky poop air out a couple days. Every once in a while, I put the lid back on the container and gave it a good shake. And the poop went back to normal. No odor, no extra moisture, ready to rock and roll.


What I realize now is that giving poop away in an air-tight container is not the brightest thing to do, especially if the giftee isn't ready to use it right away. Little critters are in there, working their magic, burping and farting all the while.

Tuesday morning I snapped the lid on the Glad container and delivered it to Tony. Wednesday morning that little Glad container showed up empty on my desk.

Meanwhile, I sifted some poop from the latest drying batch (with a fine-mesh strainer I'd pilfered from my kitchen), made sure the poop was really dry by letting it sit in the sun a few days, and then bagged it for Cang.

This time I made sure to limit the quantity to what Cang had originally requested: a cup, which fit nicely in a sandwich baggy.


I hope the poop was dry enough that I don't regret the packaging.

2 comments:

C said...

The baggie is the perfect size for my bottle gardens!

Worm Wrangler said...

Phew, good! Now I know that when you say a cup you really mean it!