Friday, July 8, 2011

Worm Food, 070411

Normally I feed the worms once a week. The weekend of the 26th, I totally slacked and only fed Number 5, which, looking back on was a mistake as it was so humid in the bin. Between June 19th and July 4th, I only had this much food to give the crews. It's pretty paltry.


It turned out to be a good thing I had minimal food since many of the bins didn't need too much food.
I fed the worms:
  • half a red onion
  • old cherries: stems, pits and all
  • ancient nasty pineapple pieces
  • mushrooms
  • carrot peels and tips
  • onion skins
  • old cherries, old cherry pits, and old cherry stems
  • tiny cloves from a garlic bulb as well as the papers
  • celery ends
  • corn cobs (3)
  • juiced limes
  • some Honey Nut Cheerios

That left me with Nate's hair and a partial bag of Cheerios.

No comments: