Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tony Gave Me an Apple and Called it Worm Food

About Septemberish, I gave Tony a couple loads of worm poop to help fill a trench in front of his house after he had a footing removed. Maybe it was July, because I remember telling Tony that after his BBQ, he should unload the corn cobs and husks into the trench and then fill the trench in with dirt. Whatever worms in his soil would have food to eat, plus the corn cobs and husks would help aerate and promote growth in the soil. Win-win, right?

Tony was so happy with his worm poop growths, aka Tony's Impromtu Garden, that Tony left me a worm food offering in my cubicle November 25th. And it looked like this:


If you are wondering what was wrong with this apple, well, you aren't the only one. I asked Tony the same thing. Turns out, Tone was just trying to bribe me into giving him more poop!

I brought the apple home. While trying to collect a decent image of it, Spooky, the cat, found the apple quite fascinating. Spook sniffed the apple all over.

That black blob is Spook's head. The "baldish" area is Spook's inner ear. Spooky's not bald otherwise. Except for a weird spot on his right hind leg. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Then Spook decided the apple must be a toy. And so he batted at it. And the apple rolled around the table.


My uprighting the apple to collect an image was a sure sign to Spook that the apple was indeed a toy and he proceeded to paw at it.


Finally, I achieved a focused image. Then I washed the apple and ate it. And Tony? THIS is what worm food looks like. Turns out, cats don't play with worm food at any point after decomposition (i.e. it's been eaten).


And after an apple sits out on a table overnight at room temperature, getting all brown, shriveled, and nasty, it's even more worthy of being called worm food.


Tony's apple was the first food addition in Adam's second story, 112610.

No comments: