Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Garbo, Posing like Garbo



Ok, so I don't know what "the" Garbo looked like when she posed. I imagine it's something not at all like what our Garbo strives for, G and I being the "our." Look at Garbo's coloring due to the ticked hide, the long slender legs, the wrap-around tail with the black trim! The facial profile and those ears! What's not to love?

The photo above and the one posted yesterday were taken two nights after Garbo first entered the apartment. The first night and days, she didn't move from a hide-out in the cat scratchee. I wasn't sure she'd ever come out of there. Anytime Spook got near her, she hissed like mad and let him know not to fuck with her. Being the gentleman he is, Spooky essentially left her alone, just checking on her occasionally.

Excuse the photo. It was taken with Night Vision on my phone.

When she did come out of the scratchee, it was clear Garbo was wary. Garbo didn't let me get too close and she looked at with me serious distrust. Look at her all scrunchin' down and her neck all squished into her body. That girl was very cautious and not very happy -- and this photo was taken after Garbo'd walked around the apartment a couple hours, keeping her distance from me, of course.


Garbo maintained her distance but gradually came to realize that I wasn't going to hurt her. Over a few hours, I was able to get closer and closer to Garbo and she kept her position.


And then, finally, Garbo came and rubbed up against me of her own volition, even though I'd been pointing a snapping camera at her all day.


You can call me the cat whisperer.

No comments: