Monday, October 3, 2011

Worm Poop Batch for Ali

It'd been sitting around awhile, drying out. I wanted to prep and deliver mid-August, but knowing Mom was due in town, anticipated a little bit of a hold up as my time would be limited. Mom came and went, I became distracted with other things, and well, the batch has been waiting.

A couple weeks ago, Ali asked when I was gonna give him some shit so I piled it on thick finding out he meant the pooh. Ali let me know that he's fully aware of the positive ramifications of worms in soil and he specifically requested that I leave worms in his poop batch. Usually I try to sort them out to prevent any gross-out factor.


Set up facing my TV (which is dumb since I have to look at what I'm sorting) I was ready for a line clearance.

Last night I simply sifted out hunks of uneaten paper, larger seeds (which were mostly husks), and plastics. I was surprised to find that some worms were still alive in the poop as the poop was probably some of the driest I've ever sifted through. There were even some juveniles in there. And as an FYI, dry poop does make for quick sort.

The assembly line when I'm done sorting.

The organics went into another working worm bin and the inorganics were discarded.

And look at how pretty this shit is! I so wish you could run your fingers through it -- it's nice! The good stuff was delivered this morning.

No comments: