Sunday, October 30, 2011

Worm Food, 082011

Normally, I take an overview shot of the food I am going to give the worms and post that image with an itemized list of what the worms were fed. This time I give you a play-by-play of what the worms were fed.

A whole pineapple, minus the parts I saved for me.

I did remove the label and the plastic attaching said label before dumping the pineapple rind, core, and top into a worm bin.

3 cups of whole, old, wrinkly cherries.

About 2 cups of vegetable remains from when I cooked: orange bell pepper, carrots, and onions.

The pistachio shells from Todd's nut breakfast.

About 2 cups consisting of a few onion remnants, furry avocado peel, and something unidentifiable at the bottom of the container. Whatever that sludge was, the worms got it for lunch.

A 2-cup container of primarily cherry pits and stems along with an avocado pit and skin.

This bin contains grocery bag of banana dubes and a shiny bag of coffee grounds, both from Bill. I gave the worms the dubes, but only a small portion of the grounds.

No comments: