Friday, July 29, 2011

Mites on My Kitchen Floor and Communist Leader Spooky

July 6th, two days after feeding the worms, I came home from work and found this mitey mess:

I swept it up and avoided looking toward the worm bin corner of my kitchen until Saturday, the 9th, spending my time with Spooky instead. Spooky insisted on doing his impressions of Communist-Leader-on-a-Throne-of-Pillows. While Spook doesn't know the difference between pillows and folded towels, he did insist they be freshly washed, dried and hot from the dryer -- not suprising as Hollywood is his ambition. Spook really gets into role-playing.
Kim Jong Il Spooky -- unfortunately images including Elvis glasses and platform shoes were out of focus, likely due to his supernatural aura that a human-made camera cannot capture. Dear Leader insisted I post this single image though it is not his best. Not only is He modest, turns out His real focus was on pounding a case of Hennessy and inventing the best cheeseburger I've ever tasted. Absolute success, of course!

Then came Saturday, the 9th.


After sweeping the floor, I pulled Adam out from under the table and was confident the mites were carrying on like mad in there. Those dark rings on the lid clearly came from the mites under the lid, which crunched as I opened it:


Something needs to be done about these red bastards.

No comments: