Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Worm Food, 061211



Sunday, June 12th, I had quite a bit of worm food going on. I had cleaned out my museum-like pantry, and piled the contents up on the paper cutter:
  • a bag of Honey-Nut Cheerios circa May 2010,
  • ancient crystallized ginger,
  • pretty old dried apricots,
  • some old-ass figs or dates or something,
  • half a Lindt chocolate bar
  • what remains of Ali's bread and
  • Nate's hair

In the forefront of the photo is a:
  • bowl of salad I mixed and never ate,
  • big* Glad container of salad mix
  • 2-cup bowl of cut fruit that rode in my backpack a couple days
  • mid-sized* Glad container of cherry pits, cherry stems, pineapple core, and melon rinds
  • big Glad container of orange and lime peels and pulp
  • big Glad container of more orange peels and melon rinds
  • big Glad container of pineapple peels and more melon rind/seeds and pulpy stuff

Everything but what was on the paper cutter was fed to the worm bins Adam, Eve, The Offspring, Number 4, and Number 5, leaving me a pile of dirty dishes.

*big = 8-cup, mid-sized = 6(?) cup

No comments: